Serves : 4
1. 1 cup semolina (sooji)
2. 1 medium onion (peeled and chopped)
3. 5-6 curry leaves
4. 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
5. 2 tsp white urad daal
6. 1-2 dry red chilies
7. 1+1 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
8. 1 tbsp coconut powder
9.. Juice of ! lemon
10..Salt (to taste)
11. Ghee (clarified butter)
1. Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a pan. Add semolina and bhunoo until light brown. Switch of the flame.
2. Now, heat another tablespoon of ghee in a heavy bottom pan. Add mustard seeds, dried red chilies and urad daal, when they begin to splutter, add onions, and curry leaves and saute for 2 mins..
3. Add salt and water. When the water starts boiling, add the roasted semolina.
4. Now cook until the water is completely absorbed by the semolina. Keep stiring continuously.
5. Finish with coconut powder and lemon juice. Serve Hot!